Friday, October 12, 2012

Persistence Pays off!


Arctic Terns are famous for their annual long distance migration. The bird leaves its breeding grounds in the Arctic Circle & flies to Antarctica in winters, which covers around 22,000 miles. This is the longest distance traveled yearly by any bird & is a wonderful display in the world of nature of Persistence!

Do I look like a World Traveler? Come Fly With Me!
 

Persistence according to Webster is: The act of persevering; persistence in anything undertaken; continued pursuit or prosecution of any business, or enterprise begun. "The king-becoming graces . . perseverance, mercy, lowliness." --Shak. [1913 Webster. The Arctic Tern  clearly possesses this trait!


It's time for me to take ewe out to lunch, My Treat!

The Arctic Tern is able to complete this phenomenal journey by persistence. In accomplishing smaller, more achievable goals,each day it's able to concentrate on covering approximately 150 miles!Through a great deal of Persistence, it is able to fly around the world in 20 weeks!


My favorite tune is,"I'll Fly Away"!
 
Sheep require persistent care & attention from the Shepherd  in order for all to be well in their worldSheep are mentioned quite often in the Bible,largely due to their stark similarities to humans!
 
 
 I have a face that only my Shepherd could Love!
 
Shepherds understand Sheep! They know how to order their world when there's chaos.They know how to find them when they go astray.They also know they need protection from predators, weather, bugs, & each other! As they persist in caring for the needs of the sheep, their love becomes more & more obvious to the sheep!
EWE are Precious to Me! I would die for EWE!
 
Observing the persistence of the Good Shepherd in both His Love & Pursuit of EWE, is  deserving of only one appropriate response. Thank EWE, Lord!
 
"As the Father knows Me,even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the Sheep."Jn.10:15

No comments:

Post a Comment