Wednesday, September 19, 2012

"On The Lamb!"

 Lambs are very amusing to watch. They are born at approximately 9 lbs. & most often as twins.

"Can't we play leapfrog just a little longer?"






Lambs are nursed into health for approximately 3 months. They are voracious eaters & are very demanding of their poor mothers. Lambs are extremely content nursing. The expression "Three shakes of a lamb's tail" is derived from happy, nursing lambs wagging their tails so quickly that it's nearly impossible to keep an accurate "wag count."
 
 Bottle ,Please?" "Will someone out there have a little compassion"?

I'm so glad I'm cared for by my SHEPHERD!

Lambs sometimes need to be bottle-fed, especially if their mothers can't produce milk or reject them. Putting sweet corn syrup on the bottle nipple entices the lamb to eat.


Don't worry Little Lamb! EWE are NOT ALONE!


EWE can drink this my precious little LAMB!

 Lambs are very fragile & need a lot of TLC. They are truly defenseless when they are apart from the herd & the Shepherd!



EWE can tell by looking at me that I need Help!"

 Lambs are adorable creatures that are a picture of Gentleness Dependence!
"Ewe sure are headstrong!"

 Little Lamb, who made thee?Dost thou know who made thee?
Gave thee life, and bid thee feed,
By the stream and o'er the mead;
Gave thee clothing of delight,
Softest clothing, woolly, bright;
Gave thee such a tender voice, 
Little Lamb, I'll tell thee,
Little Lamb, I'll tell thee.
He is called by thy name,
For He calls Himself a Lamb.
He is meek, and He is mild;
He became a little child.
I a child, and thou a lamb,
We are called by His name.
Little Lamb, God bless thee!
Little Lamb, God bless thee!


The Lamb ~ William Blake

 Today, as Ewe do life, reflect on our Shepherd, The Lamb of God. 
I'm confident THAT Ewe won't be disappointed!

And looking at Jesus as He walked, he said, "Behold the Lamb of God!"  John1:36

2 comments:

  1. I love your reminders of who we are and how we need to depend on our Jesus! Thank you for putting it together in such a creative and adorable format! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Georgia for the kind comments! We do need to be reminded daily, moment by moment, that Jesus is the Good Shepherd who loves both EWE & me! God Bless EWE!

      Delete